- Location: EMEA
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: CS002
AER International is a global mining recruitment specialist with many years successful experience assisting mining firms from majors to junior explorers in staffing their operations, corporate management teams and boards. We are currently working alongside a leading producer in their requirement for a Mine Senior Planning Engineer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead a team of individuals and manage design work required for the development and production of the underground. Ultimately accountable for the timely delivery of designs and their accuracy.
- Preparing short, medium and long-term schedules that aim to meet or exceed site objectives and support the long-term mining plan. Identify contingency plans to overcome shortfalls in production and development. Ensure plan is appropriate for equipment and manpower levels, and that it does not exceed the ventilation or ore movement system constraints.
- Coordinate with mine operations on a daily basis to ensure the plan is being adhered to and to minimize disruptions. Complete regular variance reports and stope status reports.
- Set goals and objectives for Engineering, Training, and Process Improvement. Ensure areas of responsibility meet goals and objectives by providing systems, resources, and training as needed.
- Provide regular field supervision of engineers, technician, and miners in the underground mine.
- Optimally manage human resource matters (vacations, absenteeism, quality and quantity of work, etc).
- Oversee the work schedules of assigned personnel to meet completion dates, technical specifications, and budget limits. – Assist with the estimation and preparation of budgets.
- Complete developments and Stopes dilutions analysis on monthly basis.
- Prepare life of mine reserves via Surpac and generate life of mine plans using MineSched on annual basis.
- Complete reserves block model-mining analysis.
- Complete reports as required.
- Participate in completing the mine’s monthly reconciliation report.
- Lead the cutoff grade annual calculation.
- Prepare and create NI 43-101, JORC and technical reports as a Qualified Person (QP) / Competent Person (CP).
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering
Experience and Requirements
- At least 7 years experience in mining engineering.
- Fluency in English
If you meet the requirements and are an experienced Senior Mine Planning Engineer please apply with your CV at email@example.com