- Location: Latin America
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: MB001
For our client, a leading mining organisation, we are searching for an Operation Director based Mexico. The role will be based in the North of Mexico, and will be a residential position.
• Develop and implement the business plan of the mining unit, ensuring that they are aligned with the corporate plan and sustainability.
• Integrate and validate the information of the production programs according to the established objectives
• Control the results of the business (KPIs of security, costs, production, human resources, legal, environment, purchases, warehouse, relations with the community, etc.), and take the actions to the variations of the indicators.
• Supervise, through the Technical Services Manager, the exploration and development of new mineral deposits within the unit, through the proposals of the exploration area.
• Direct and supervise the security area, ensuring that the appropriate programs are implemented, integrating the aspect of security into their daily activities.
• Ensure, in coordination with the Finance Manager, the profitability of the operations, in accordance with the budget and cost analysis, complying with the financial guidelines and reports required by the company.
• Prepare annual budget of costs and production.
• Ensure the control of warehouses and inventories in coordination with the Finance Manager
• Ensure that they are delivered monthly to the entire team, the results of the business in relation to costs and production
• Ensure compliance with the objectives of the operations of the unit, complying with the standards of safety, quality and use of resources.
• Ensure compliance with the welfare objectives of the different interest groups, such as the community, the personnel working (employees, operatives and contractors), and the care of the environment.
• Engineer, Chemical, Industrial, Civil or Administration, Degree is required.
• Administration Master’s degree is desirable.
• 15 years’ experience in mining .
• 5 years’ experience in Manager Position.
• Great Knowledge in Mining Process is indispensable.
• Mine Planning
• Cost Control
• Finance Knowledge: development and Budget management.
• Experience in the legislation in Mexico is desirable.
• Gold and Silver Knowledge is desirable.
• Strong Interpersonal, Analytical, organizational and Spanish communication skills
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced mining professional, please send your CV to email@example.com