- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: AC019
For our client – an international mining operator in West Africa – we are currently looking for Unloading Trainer. The Unloading Mentor provides High Level Training to all national staff in the Unloading and Stockpile area.
- Assist the Superintendent to manage and supervise the specific area and select the top skilled staff to fill permanent roles within the Unloading section.
- Leadead the succession plans in line with local government legislations.
- The Mentor will ensure a safe, efficient operation providing a high level of skills transfer.
- Embed safety as the highest priority throughout all the Operational activities and within contractor activities (controlled and monitored).
- Incorporate the group’s specific safety, quality and environmental plans into all operational activities.
- Must be able to provide training to new operators in the above machinery with correct assessment skills. He should be able to also operate the machines without supervision.
- Provide direction and Supervision to Unloading Operators and Supervisors.
- Has knowledge on the usage of time usage model in terms of plant availability and utilization.
- Previous experience in West African condition with good wet season and cargo handling knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge on Dust Suppression systems and Stockyard Maintenance.
- Train staff to do Inspections with the correct ways of reporting deviations.
- Able to draw up training Manuals and training plans for Operations machinery and staff.
- Must have Adequate experience in areas with various processing equipment. He will lead training programs both theoretical and practical.
- High school or better certification
- People Training and/or supervisory training
- This role will suit an experienced individual with strong supervisory, interpersonal skills.
- 10-15 years’ experience with Bulk Material Handling.
- Previous experience in Unloading, material conveying and stockpiling.
- Should have Bulk handling experience dealing with Conveyors, Stacker Reclaimers and Car Dumpers/Tipplers
- Knowledge on planning of daily/weekly Port functions is considered important.
- Experience on commissioning and ramp up activities.
Please apply with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org