- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: AC021
For our client – an international mining operator in West Africa – we are currently looking for Unloading Senior Supervisor. The Unloading Senior Supervisor should provide supervision to the Port operations Staff and ensure the plant is run in a safe, efficient way and making use of the correct operating procedures.
- He/she will work with the mentor providing Leadership support to the Port Operations unloading & yard team.
- The Unloading Senior Supervisor will be responsible for effective Machine utilization and concentrate on achieving required KPI’s laid out by the Port
- Embed safety as the highest priority throughout all the Operational activities and within contractor activities (controlled and monitored).
- Provide training to new operators in the above machinery with correct assessment skills.
- Provide direction and Supervision to Unloading Operators and Supervisors.
- Planning of daily and weekly Port functions is essential.
- Write new procedures and policies.
- Bulk handling experience with regards to Conveyors, Stacker Reclaimers and Car Dumpers/Tipplers
- A sound knowledge of Metallurgical sampling and Product moisture, with regard to TML management for crucial export functions.
- Understanding time usage models with regards to plant availability and utilization.
- A Sound knowledge of Material handling plant commissioning and ramp-up
- West African Material handling experience with a sound knowledge of Dust Suppression systems and Stockyard Maintenance is essential.
- Good understanding of budgets and forecasts.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- NTS 3 or higher.
- Safety and supervisory training an added advantage.
- Mechanical or Electrical trade will be an added advantage
- 2 – 5 Years supervisory experience in a large-scale Material Handling environment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in material handling plants.
- Minimum of 5 years as Material Handling Plant operator, preferably in a supervisory role.
Please apply with your CV at email@example.com