- Location: África
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: TJ20212
For our client, a well-known organisation with a global footprint and recent record production numbers, we are looking for a Technical Director. This is a real opportunity to get on board with a well-established company at their most iconic site in Sub-Saharan Africa. Reporting to the General Manager, you will hold a key role in the current and future success of this mine site.
- Outline all actions allowing an improvement of organizational and technical processes and ensure their implementation over time.
- Pilot the exploration of the company’s resources in collaboration with the mining department, ensure the estimation of the resources and reserves of the deposits.
- Define possible strategies for long-term resource planning and establish the mining plan.
- Ensure the proper management of tailings facilities.
- Supervise on a daily basis all the services and departments of the management, in particular the Engineering & Design teams.
- Challenge the status-quo and implement innovative strategies.
- Be responsible for steering investment plans.
- Supervise laboratory and sampling activities and guarantee product quality control.
- Ensure coordination with the other departments of the company.
- Be a provider of services and / or works to all the other entities of the company and especially to operational staff.
- General engineering training, having at least 15 years of experience.
- Fluency in French.
- Masters’ Degree in Mine Engineering or equivalent.
- Have held a similar position in a mid-size mining company.
- In-depth experience in human and technical management, ideally in an African context.
- It would be desirable to have knowledge of the mining and transformation metallurgy trades.
- Curious, very innovative, having the ability to convince, organize and coordinate.
- Experience in leading and monitoring projects.
- Internally and externally, very strong ability to influence and negotiate.
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced Mine Technical professional, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.