- Localización: África
- Sueldo: Niveau de Rémunération Compétitif
- Referencia: AR19
For our client – an international mining operator in West Africa – we are currently looking for Shipping & Marine Mentor/Trainer. The Shipping & Marine Mentor will be responsible for providing the Marine / Shipping operations staff with training and development in areas around Safe and Efficient Barge / Ship loading and Maritime operational standards for the project.
- This position will work with other areas mentors to ensure that the same standards and level of training is provided throughout the business.
- He / she will provide leadership, and in-depth knowledge transfer to all the national staff in the specific area of expertise.
- Embed safety as the highest priority throughout all the Operational activities and within contractor activities (controlled and monitored).
- Provide direction and Supervision to Marine & Shipping staff and ability to train subordinates as part of continuous improvement process.
- Previous Bulk loading experience on various vessel / barge types, with a sound knowledge of operational targets, KPI’s and Quality.
- In depth knowledge of ship/barge loading equipment’s (Bulk Handling facilities).
- Previous experience in training and Mentoring of staff in Shipping, Marine or related fields
- Ability to design training material and facilitate.
- Previous exposure to culture diverse environments.
- Ability to provide innovative ideas and influence others, with an aim to reach high standards.
- Sound knowledge of quality processes for safe handling and the commodity shipping in compliance to the IMSBC Code.
- It is essential that he / she must be highly experienced and skilled in the Port Shipping and Marine environment, with the ability to transfer knowledge to a diverse work force in a Western African country.
- Shipping & Marine Operations Qualifications or Diploma in Marine/Maritime or Logistics Management.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the Marine Mining operational sector.
- Experience in trans-shipment of Bulk material, including quality process of commodities.
- Port and Terminal Management experience
- Strong Operational and Technical background.
Please apply with your CV at email@example.com