- Location: Europe
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Reference: AR19
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to work for a well-established mine company within Europe. Reporting to the General Manager this senior role will have responsibility for projects and activities related to the long-term future of the company. The key overall responsibility will be the safe management and delivery of the project in a manner that achieves the overall goals of the project, from development into eventual production. Projects and activities related to this will include preparation for investments needed to create an efficient mine utilising the best available technology.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Scoping and manning of projects, sub-projects and activities, formulating and presenting for approval operational plans and cost budgets.
- Overseeing implementation of plans, cost budgets and monitoring project performance against key milestones and budgets.
- Responsibility for the safety, costs, schedule and quality associated with projects and sub-projects.
- Management of the project teams to ensure that all goals and targets are safely achieved. Where necessary implementing changes to the project cycle.
- Coordinating the activities of associated departments to deliver projects in terms of Safety, Time, Costs and Quality.
- Ongoing reporting of projects status to General Manager detailing performance in key areas including safety, costs, budget project timeline etc.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will possess a relevant primary degree and have significant previous multi-disciplined project management experience within the mining industry or other natural resource industry. The position requires an enthusiastic leader with the skills to communicate and engage others for the successful completion of the project.
Fluency in the English language both written and spoken is essential.