- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: TJ025
For our client, a leading mining organisation, we are searching for a Processing Control Room Technician for a major site in the DRC. The role will be on a roster basis (TBC), and will be based in one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s best camps.
- Develop and sustain a world-class team within crushing, milling, flotations and hydro-mining operations area as well as backfilling and all the surround activities related to operations of the concentrator.
- Ensure production budgets are achieved or exceeded within milling, flotation, as well as backfilling.
- Report all accidents and incidents & fix all safety deviations.
- Maintain and promote housekeeping standards to a level that is in line with the manager’s requirements and expectations.
- Liaise and work together with other departments within the company in a respectful and professional manner as required.
- Continuous improvement and implementation of practical solutions to run and optimize crushing, milling, flotation, backfill circuits parameters
- Management of stockpiles, mills throughput, flotation parameters throughout shift.
- Develop and implement procedures in order to standardize the operations
- Communicate proactively observations and concerns about the equipment, and operating parameters.
- Participate in the pre-shift meeting with supervisors for planning and following all their parameters for conducting an efficient shift.
- Compile information from different sources and prepare daily shift reports.
- Meet the goals of production, budget, resolve operational problems; identify work process improvements
- Train and Mentor current control room operators. Assist control room operators and other team members when needed.
- Sound knowledge of occupational health safety & environmental requirements of a world class mining operation.
- Lead changes/ proactive culture on workers.
- Strong leadership & communication skills.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- Fluent English
- Medium French or Swahili would be highly desirable
- 10 years’ experience in the mining industry in control room, flotation and milling
- Knowledge on data control systems.
- Detailed knowledge on comminution, flotations chemistry (preferentially copper ore)
- Experience in all aspects of feeders, milling operations, flotation and process
- Knowledge of pumps, mills, cyclones, feeders, piping, froth flotation
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced control room professional, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.