- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: AC017
For our client, a mining operator with assets in West Africa, we are looking for Port Unloading and Stock Superintendent. You will manage all In-Loading systems. From the train entrance, Car Dumper, up to the Stacker/Reclaimer, Stockpiles and the Emergency Feeder System.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Embed safety as the highest priority throughout all Operational activities and within contractor activities (controlled and monitored).
- Respond to emergency situations using established procedures
- Identify and communicate operational targets and ensures KPIs and objectives are met within quality, cost and schedule within the Unloading and Stock area.
- Manage the Unloading and Stock budget.
- Development of the Unloading and Stock procedures, training information, training schedules, workforce recruitment, mobilization, operational readiness and associated budgets.
Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Development of all Job Descriptions for all sub ordinates in the Unloading and Stock operational team.
- Supervision and co-ordination of the Unloading and Stockpiling operations including the scheduling and optimization thereof.
- Manage the Quality procedures to ensure material received and stockpiled or directly loaded conforms to the master plan as per the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Provide strong leadership to Unloading and Stock Operations Senior Supervisor(Shift) in achieving the required outcomes of teams and the promotion of high operational and logistics performance standards
- Ensure compliance to the Integrated Management System (IMS). Assisting where applicable in the development and implementation of the system
- Define and participate in activities necessary to ensure operational success of operational readiness, small FOOS, FOOS, ramp-up and continuous improvement.
- Ensures that Unloading and Stock Shift Operations’ targets are met on time, safely and within budget
- Continually train and mentor the Unloading and Stock team, to ensure compliance and productivity.
- Identify and manage all defects to equipment in the Unloading and Stock operations, which includes Car Dumper, Apron Feeders, Conveyors, Stacker/Reclaimer and Emergency Feeder System.
- Ensure suitable availability and optimized usage of the Mobile Plant Equipment used for feeding the Emergency Feeder System and general Stockyard housekeeping.
Please note the role is offered on a preferred FIFO roster.
If you meet the requirements and are an experienced Port Unloading and Stock Superintendent, please apply with your CV at email@example.com