- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: TJ020
For our client, a leading mining organisation, we are searching for a Open Pit Electrical Coordinator for a major site in the DRC. The role will be on a roster basis (9/3 but there could be some flexibility), and will be based in one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s best camps.
- Reporting of all incidents & accidents, Conduct risk assessments, write incident & accident reports.
- Identify and upgrade substandard electrical installations for LV, MV Substations and Pump Stations.
- Conduct & carry out preventative maintenance for dewatering electrical systems, LV & MV Substations and power distribution overhead lines.
- Plan and coordinate all electrical safe work instructions.
- Installation of dewatering pumps.
- Provide progress report to Senior Dewatering Superintendent.
- Write daily weekly & monthly reports.
- Initiate work orders using AMT system.
- Writing of SOP’s for the electrical department.
- Complying with all safe work instructions.
- Undertake all KOV safety training and ensuring that all work is carried in a safe manner & to the appropriate standards.
- Conduct daily work area inspections & report any faults/breakdowns & action them in a timely manner.
- Apply SANS and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
- Lead train & mentor a team of electricians, including electrical nationals.
- Build & maintain key relationships with other departments.
- Will be required to work both day and night shift when required.
- Electrical controls and protection coordination.
- Development of relevant electrical SOPs and Electrical Projects Work Scopes
- Time management for your workflow & the electrical team workflow.
- Electrical Engineering Diploma and/or electrical trade qualification is required.
- Extensive on the job High Voltage experience.
- Report Writing
- Strong practical hands on skills in electrical maintenance associated electrical power systems distribution, power systems protection for Low and Medium Voltage, Overhead Power lines and dewatering systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Open Pit Mining & Dewatering Electrical installations, commissioning and maintenance.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in mining electrical.
- Electrical projects initiation.
- Strong Interpersonal, Analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of electric shovels will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure & with minimal supervision.
- Must be computer literate.
- Strong recognition of electrical standards
- Driver’s license / International driver license
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced electrical professional, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org