- Location: Africa
- Salary: Competitive package
- Reference: AR19
For our client, a genuine leading global mining company, we are searching for an OP Coordinator – Civil Projects. The role will be on a 9:3 FIFO, and based in one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s best camps. The salary is highly competitive, with travel allowances and medical insurance on top of this.
- Ensure ramps in the open pit are constructed to design. And maintained in a systematic way to guarantee optimal haulage conditions.
- Execute the construction of all civil earthwork projects within the open pit mine.
- Continually develop and maintain the open pit drainage system.
- Coordinate contractor project work being carried out in the open pit.
- Ensure all project work is carried out to a high standard.
- Coach and train national employees on earthwork construction.
- Schedule and plan work in accordance to the priorities and needs of the mine.
- Actively interact with load and haul, in order to understand the requirements of mining operations and plan work accordingly.
- Develop the skills of equipment operators, in the field of earthwork civil construction.
- Participate in all mining department activities such as hand overs and tool box talks.~
- Must have at least 10 years of experience operating equipment in civil earthwork construction projects or operations.
- Must have experience in a similar supervisory role within the mining or construction industry.
- Experience working for civil construction contractors would be advantageous.
- Must have experience working in open pit mining operations.
- Must have experience in road construction.
- Must be able to lead by example in adherence to company rules and regulations.
- Must have the ability to coach and develop others.
- Safe work history required.
- Computer literacy required (MS Office).
- Must have international driver’s license.
- French speaking would be advantageous.
- Qualified heavy equipment operator, on machines such as graders 16M – 24M dozers D10-D11 and excavators 30 ton to 90
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced Civil Projects professional, please send your CV to email@example.com.