- Location: Africa
- Salary: Please get in touch
- Reference: CF013
For our client, a leading mining organisation within the mineral sands industry, we are searching for a Mining Manager to work on a FIFO basis in Africa. The position will be offered on an initial 2 year contract.
- Estimates of reserves and resources.
- Reliable mine plans and forecasts for the period 3 months ahead of mining and beyond
- Economic assessments and recommendations on mining options
- Regular survey estimates of ore mined, HMC produced, product stocks
- Support to operations with hydrogeological, geotechnical and mineralogical advice and services
- Responsible for the development of the processes, systems and resources required to develop the logic that takes the geological reserve information and allows it to be transformed into a physical and then a financial budget.
- Responsible for developing the estimates of held mineral resources (compliant with the JORC code) by:
- Establishing the infill drilling requirements that provides the assay data to populate the block model
- The coordination and management of the sampling process
- Analysis and interpretation of the results of samples collected
- Preparation of the reserve and resource statements
- Presentation of the information related to the reserve statement details to the Board
- Responsible for undertaking the required economic modelling of the obtained resource and reserve data and information, the development of the financial budget alternatives and the preparation of options for review by the Executive
- Responsible for the provision of geological services related to the management of groundwater reserves through:
- The establishment of estimates of ground water reserves
- The determination of likely ground water behaviour, and
- The completion of field tests to predict full scale conditions.
- Responsible for the development of information related to the prediction of dredging rates through the analysis of ground conditions
- Responsible for the provision of information related to the behaviour of waste material, their settling rates, pump ability characteristics and the prediction of the behaviour of tails being handled in order to ensure the sustainability of operations
- Responsible for the development of a detailed three to six month look ahead plan which includes:
- Delivery of the required Geology, Mine Planning and Survey initiatives, strategies and outcomes
- Delivery of the current budget requirements and any initiatives that may be required to facilitate this delivery
- The delivery of planned capital requirements
- Any identified improvements and enhancements to the operation of the Geology, Mine Planning and Survey departments
- Personnel requirements
- Systems and process requirements
- Ensure the development of a three year plan for the operation of the Geology, Mine Planning, and Survey departments at the appropriate level of definition, including but not limited to
- Equipment requirements
- People development
- Process and systems development
- Responsible for the ongoing review of the 3 year plans, establishing the business limitations and deficiencies through a gap analysis based on current capability and determining the requirements to address the identified deficiencies.
- Responsible for the development of an optimised Life of Mine reserves model that is consistent with the agreed strategic business outcomes and capable of allowing the site business plans to be developed. This must include but not be limited to:
- Dredging conditions
- Mineral products quality for marketing evaluation
- Samples to allow the test work for plant performance.
- BSc, BEng, BTech or equivalent relevant management qualification
- 7 – 10 years appropriate experience in a senior managerial position
- Must have prior experience working within the mineral sands industry
If you are interested and meet the requirements above please send your details to Chris Freeston at firstname.lastname@example.org