- Localización: United Kingdom
- Sueldo: £45-50k
- Referencia: AR19
Our client, a well known international mining company, is looking for a Mining Engineer to join an exciting project based in the United Kingdom. Applicants must have the right to work permanently in the United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for mine planning and geotechnical modelling capability of the Technical Services, ensuring that all statutory requirements are adhered to within the Technical Services Department. As Mining Engineer you advise on mine planning, production scheduling, geological, ventilation and geotechnical issues, with particular emphasis on managing the mine’s ore reserve base in a safe and efficient manner. Also you will sign off JORC / 43 101 annual ore reserve declarations.
About the role:
You will be part of the team of the Technical Services Department which is about 40 people and you will report to the Head of Technical Services. You are the link between the production department, senior management, all Technical Services Personnel and the Safety Department.
- Planning; with a long term, midterm and short term focus
- Projects; like mine infrastructure
- Reporting and communications (meetings, presentations etc)
- Achieve effective cost control where applicable and support with the preparations of budgets
- Ensure and optimize that structural interpretations of geology are based on seismic information and borehole or mapping data
- Make informed decisions and make reports to the Head of Technical Services associated with hazard identification and risk management to ensure the safety of all personnel operating within the Mine
- Carry out regular review of Polyhalite and Salt panels to ensure safe and efficient reserves extraction
- Manage the quality control and the efficient use and storage of technical data.
To be successful you have a Graduate in Mining / Geotechnical Engineering with significant experience in an underground environment. A postgraduate master’s degree in Mining Engineering would be an advantage. You hold a NEBOSH General Certificate. Member of appropriate professional institution, Chartered Engineer status.
- Significant project management, production and technical experience in an underground environment.
- A comprehensive knowledge of mine planning, mining geology, mine ventilation systems and geotechnical ground control.
- Ability to present information to and influence senior levels within the organisation.
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation with a detailed knowledge of The Mining Regulations 2014.
- Capable of using relevant software: Ventsim, DataMine and Flac3D. To produce detailed ventilation, geotechnical design and analysis, mine planning and scheduling.
- Capable of the interpretation of ventilation, surveying, geological and geotechnical data to facilitate safe mining operations.
- Good working knowledge of evaporite deposits would be advantageous.
- Be authorised to sign off ore reserve declarations to 43 101 or JORC standard would be advantageous.