- Location: Europe
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: NF20212
For our client, a globally operating mining organisation, we are searching for an International Mine Planning Engineer. This residential position will be based in an EU-capital setting, with 30% travel to various sites based across the world.
This organisation is a multi-commodity business, with well-established (over 10000 employees globally) mine operator. It would be an understatement to say that this is the type of role which can provide an excellent long-term and international career platform. This position will be play a critical role in the future development of existing mine sites as well as those in development.
· Undertake short/medium/long term planning, designs and equipment scheduling in line with the organisation’s objectives.
· Set out global strategies to align, harmonise and focus the group’s standard practice levels within the Mine Planning function.
· Collaboration with Operations – Geology, Mining Production and Processing
· Direct and supervise the mine planning operations in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
· Prepare sound mining plans, designs, and schedules for all current and future areas of operation.
· Perform financial analysis and risk analysis.
· Provide mentorship to national staff.
· Haulage optimization and equipment selection
· Software and system implementation
· Contribute to company safety goals and policy.
· 5+ years of experience.
· Recognized master’s degree in Mine Engineering or equivalent.
· Fluency in French is preferred, but some basics with a strong willingness to learn would also be possible.
· Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience with relevant software packages (Hexagone would be ideal, but not mandatory).
· Excellent communication skills (essential for working across multiple geographies and projects).
· Strong ability to adapt quickly and be flexible.
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced Mine Planning Engineer, please send your CV to email@example.com.