- Location: África
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: TJ20211
This is genuinely a unique opportunity.
Our client is a globally operating commodity-based organisation who are upstreaming their processing capability, with the acquisition of a selection of mining assets at various stages of development (including some assets already at production stage). The role of Head of Exploration will play a critical role as part of this multi-billion-dollar investment, by implementing several practices and processes on greenfield and brownfield sites. The organisation in question is recognised as a global leader, and this role will be an excellent platform within the larger group.
- Suggest methods/techniques of remote sensing, geophysics, chemical analysis and other laboratory tests and drilling.
- Lead teams operating across geophysics, laboratory, and drilling equipment.
- Incorporate Shareholders’ requirements and guide each exploration team to achieve those requirements.
- Worked with various international consultants, laboratories, equipment rental companies and advise shareholders accordingly.
- Communicate, negotiate, and interact with international independent consultants and equipment manufacturers, local and expat employees and local authorities, vendors, etc.
- Actively follow-up on each exploration activity and regularly monitors (daily/weekly/monthly) activities carried out at each site.
- Critically evaluate plans and programs designed by the teams.
- 25 years of experience in mineral exploration especially,
- Have experience in a variety of commodities including but not limited to iron ore, coal, base metals and rare earth elements and ores.
- Experience of leading: exploration geologists, surveyors, laboratory, and drilling teams.
- Extensive experience in Africa and with Alluvial deposits.
- Successfully carried out exploration in green field and brown field projects.
- Experience in reporting to major shareholder groups and teams.
- Degree qualification in Geology or another related field.
- Knowledge of carrying out resource estimation studies in compliance with JORC/NI standards and was previously involved in Definitive/Bankable Feasibility Studies
- Build each team according to high international standards.
This role will be on a residential basis in West Africa in a capital city location, with regular travel to and from the various sites. A full expat package will be provided to the successful candidate, with a highly competitive salary.
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced Exploration Geologist professional, please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.