- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: NF20211
For our client, a leading mining organisation with a strong track record of success with projects globally, we are searching for a French-speaking Geotechnical Engineer. This residential position will be based on a flagship site in Sub-Saharan Africa (with excellent living conditions), working at an established mine site, which is currently expanding operations and production.
- Supervise all geotechnical aspects associated with mining projects.
- Ensure the implementation of best practices and international standards relating to waste rock management structures from the design phases through to closure works and structures related to mining operations (pits, tracks, platforms, etc.).
- Contribute to water management strategies for mining projects and their proper implementation in the field.
- The aim is to seek and ensure the stability of the structures and the absence of environmental impact across all the life phases of the mine site, in particular for post-operation.
- The incumbent will work in a multidisciplinary team (geology, mining engineering, hydrology, hydrogeology, biodiversity, geomatics, etc.).
- Work in collaboration with engineers at mining centres (operations manager, planning manager) who remain responsible for operational implementation.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnics, Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering or equivalent.
- An experience of at least 5/8 years in mining geotechnics and earthworks.
- Fluency in French.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience of working in Sub-Saharan Africa.
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced Geotechnical professional, please send through your CV to email@example.com.