- Location: North America
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: CF008
For our client, a world leading mining organisation, we are searching for a General Manager to be based at their operation in North America. The position will be offered on a residential basis only and the right candidate must have extensive experience working in the United States.
- Lead the execution of operations strategy for multiple areas including, but not limited to: operations excellence, continuous improvement, technical services, supply chain, operations strategy, strategic business planning and energy strategy.
- Provide expertise, leadership and support for operations and development activities while maximizing operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of business practices within an area of operations, ensuring alignment with organizational standards. A background in ore processing in necessary.
- Develops implementation strategies that support growth and performance improvement of the function’s operations; ensures implementation initiatives are concretely linked to the organization’s long-term strategy
- Develops systems and measures that appropriately assess operations performance and reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets; is accountable for the results
- Interfaces with senior management and other departments to ensure effective identification and communication of operations and project information that could impact the company’s business results
- Prepares business cases and reports regarding strategic projects and initiatives and presents recommendations and status updates to key stakeholders
- Acts as a change agent and project sponsor for key initiatives; models organizational values, sets the cultural tone and priorities business goals
- Identifies the need for and develops company-wide standards, procedures and policies and ensures compliance with industry and professional regulations
- Drives research procedures, development mechanisms and continuous improvement ideas into tangible projects to benefit the corporation
- Compiles information regarding functional needs and concerns to develop suggestions for addressing issues
- Assists the senior management team in setting priorities and allocating resources to support initiatives; participates in driving forward company initiatives as required
- Formulates the annual operating and capital budgets for the function consistent with company’s established financial guidelines and business planning process
- University degree in a related field
- More than 15 years of related work experience or equivalent
- Previous experience in the mining industry
- Experience leading teams and supervising and mentoring technical employees
- Experience acting as a senior advisor in the operating area of expertise and regarding overall business
If you meet the requirements please send your CV to CFreeston@aerinternational.com