- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: TJ026
The General Manager – Operations is responsible for directing and leading all departments to ensure safe, efficient and economic operation of day-to-day activities. The position will be based in the DRC, and comes with an attractive salary package, and living conditions, and is on a FIFO basis.
The successful candidate will provide the leadership, knowledge and expertise from an operational perspective to enhance performance across our mining and copper production. The General Manager – Operations will also oversee all aspects of the operations including policies, objectives and initiative within all departments (Mine, Mill, Processing, and Community, Supply Chain, Technical Services, Safety, Health and Environmental) and P&L results.
- Ensure that the agreed business strategic objectives are met
- Achieve production, safety and costs within the boundaries of the relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Provide overall strategic direction for all disciplines in line with the Company’s values and mission.
- Develop, present and manage the approved business plan for the business.
- Ensure that relevant corporate governance and appropriate management systems are in place and continuously updated.
- Communicate, motivate and build relationships at all levels within the organization and all stakeholders such as the surrounding communities.
- Optimize the business plan to ensure the overall success of the company.
- Ensure optimal utilization of resources
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities for the business.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives, projects and processes towards ensuring focused business growth and alignment with international standards and practices
- Demonstrate integrity in all interactions with community, indigenous and internal stakeholders
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy, Process Engineering, Mine Engineering or a related discipline.
- Seven (7) years directly related experience and background, with at least five (5) years’ experience in open pit mining.
- Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills including an ability to interpret financial and output/outcome performance data
- Effective communication, relationship and partnership skills including high level negotiation and presentation skills with stakeholders
- Superior organizational skills and proven ability to manage competing demands and priorities
- Ability to effectively lead and manage diverse teams of employees and skills
- Demonstrated ability in optimizing production from complex processing plants
- Base Metal commodities experience
- Excellent analytical, research and presentation skills
- Demonstrates initiative, organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- French skills will be a real advantage
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
If you meet the requirements above, please send your CV to email@example.com.