- Location: Central Asia
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: CF009
For our client, a world leading mining organisation, we are searching for a Dam & Tailings Facilities Head to work across their operations in Central Asia. This position will be offered on a FIFO basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Regular reviews of Water Bodies and Tailings Facilities to identify operational effectiveness according to original designs, tailings plans, wall stability and geotechnical risks that may affect Operations Plans, Group Business Plans and Environmental Impacts.
- Perform QA/QC on short, mid, and long-range tailings plans.
- Month-end reporting on critical tailings KPIs to the Head of Mining/Head of Medium Term Projects.
- Be the subject matter expert and first point of contact for all Tailings Related issues.
- Be acquainted with RoK and International Regulatory compliance in the tailings areas
- Perform cost analysis and support budget evaluations within all Tailings related budgets in the Group.
- Technical advice & support to mining operations on an as needed basis.
- Custody of tailings component of growth project studies:
- Peer-review of tailings studies carried out by external consultants
- Management Advisory on tailings and dam construction aspect of strategic mining and processing options for long-term business planning.
- Responsible for tailings projects scoping and initiation (e.g. Tailings Expansions)
- Development of capable tailings management teams at mine sites that includes the management of tailings and construction contractors.
- Undertaking geotechnical tailings and dams site investigations, managing geotechnical testing and reporting with the assistance of the Geotechnical Division.
- Undertaking design analyses, including stability and seepage analyses.
- Developing designs for tailings storage facilities, water dams and other related structures
- Preparation of technical deliverables such as proposals and reports
- Frequent traveling to sites to supervise or audit construction of approved designs
- Working with and providing support to other members of the Group and Mine level Technical Teams.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil or Processing Engineering.
- Experience in mine tailings engineering no less than 5 years, with at least 3 years as lead mine tailings or geotechnical engineer. Exposure to various tailings disposal methods.
- Good knowledge of soils engineering, dam wall construction and stability engineering with hydrogeology.
- Good knowledge of RoK subsoil and industrial safety legislation
If you meet the requirements please send your CV to CFreeston@aerinternational.com