- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: AC022
For our client – an international mining operator in West Africa – we are currently looking for Central Control Room Senior Supervisor. The CCR (Central Control Room) Senior Supervisor will provide Senior Supervision to the Port Control Room Staff.
- Work together with the CCR Mentor to develop training packages and train the national staff team in the safe and efficient operation of the Port, through the different CCR systems.
- Lead the IMS (Information Management System) application and ensure that correct and effective data is captured to enable the Port to perform at the highest level of productivity.
- The CCR Snr Supervisor will ensure that all the equipment in the CCR are kept at optimal performance, and that access into the CCR is minimised to only the authorized personnel.
- The CCR Snr supervisor is responsible to ensure that he/she understands all the processes at the Port, attend maintenance meetings, be involved in any improvement strategies, and supports the CCR Superintendent to align the strategies from Pit to Ship
- Embed safety as the highest priority throughout all company’s Operational activities and within contractor activities (controlled and monitored).
- Respond to emergency situations using established procedures
- Utilize the IMS which form the core of all Port and Mine operational Data.
- Provide direction and Supervision to Control Room Operators and Co-coordinators.
- Use LIMS and track grade with moistures for crucial export functions.
- Use a time usage model in terms of plant availability and utilization.
- Define and participate in activities necessary to ensure operational success of operational readiness, FOOS, ramp-up and continuous improvement.
- Certificate / Diploma in Operations Management/Logistics or Related studies is an advantage
- Higher certificate in Computer Technology will be preferred
- Basic Siemens Scada training will be an advantage
- This role will suit an experienced individual with strong supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Port operations with CCR experience with sound SCADA knowledge.
- 5 Years Central Control Room experience is compulsory.
- Previous experience in Port Control Room Operations with sound SCADA operational knowledge.
- Should have Bulk handling experience dealing with Barge Loaders, Stacker Reclaimers and Car Dumpers/Tipplers
- Previous planning and Scheduling from Pit to Port is considered important for this role
- Experience and knowledge of port, transshipping or shipping operations will be advantages.
Please apply with your CV at email@example.com