- Location: Africa
- Salary: TBC
- Reference: AC018
For our client – an international mining operator in West Africa – we are currently looking for Central Control Room Mentor. The CCR mentor will be responsible for providing CCR controllers, and all CCR staff with training, development and mentorship in running a Central Control Room(CCR) at the Port facility making use of SCADA/IMS/PLC systems.
- Develop training manuals and reviews on progress of Trainees.
- Embed safety as the highest priority throughout all company’s Operational activities and within contractor activities (controlled and monitored).
- Incorporate company’s specific safety, quality and environmental plans into all operational activities.
- Responds to emergency situations using established procedures
- Provide direction and Supervision to Central Control Room Operators and be able to train subordinates as part of continuous improvement process.
- Clear understanding of the effects of moisture and grade on the product and understand the systems to monitor and deliver cargo that is on spec meeting customer requirements.
- Understands time usage model by ensuring that the correct delay bookings are done.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong leadership and mentoring ability to ensure knowledge transfer to National Guinean staff.
- Must have ability to develop and update reports at different levels.
- Should be able to make quick and efficient decisions with regards to CCR operations
- Must have a material Handling Certification
- This role will suit an experienced individual with strong supervisory experience
- 10 – 15 years’ experience with Bulk Material Handling in Ports/Process Plants
- 5 to 10 years Central Control Room experience is essential.
- Scada and IMS reporting systems experience
- General knowledge of all Port material handling equipment, Car dumpers, Conveyors, Stacker / Reclaimer, Barge Loader, Jetty Activities, Sampling systems, Fuel Management, and Lab Activities.
Please apply with your CV at email@example.com