For client, a leading Mineral Sands producer, we are looking for an experienced Mining Manager for a FIFO assignment in Mozambique. Mineral Sands experience is a must.
- Responsible for maximising throughput and recovery in the production of HMC in the most cost effective manner possible whilst optimising throughout the mining operation the utilisation of plant and equipment;
- Responsible for the development a very detailed three to 12 month look ahead plan;
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a detailed capital and operating budget.
Ensure the definition of key operational and performance parameters for all areas of Ensure the definition of key operational and performance parameters for all areas of responsibility throughout the Mine, communicating these standards and ensuring compliance to these by direct reports and other stakeholders
- Ensure the development of a culture throughout the Mine of accountability for delivery of performance to plan.
- Responsible for the development of the required processes to deliver a clear commercial basis for all decisions that are made
- Ensure the processes, systems, tools and competencies to ensure effective problem definition and problem solving outcomes are delivered for all areas of accountability.
- Responsible for the development of the required cost control systems and processes throughout the Mine and ensuring that the required level of compliance with these is achieved
- Ensure the identification and definition of the required processes, systems, tools, resources, capabilities and skills to enable the effective operation of the Mine and ensure the delivery of budget requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the training and development requirements of personnel operating in the mine are identified and plans established to deliver these within the agreed timeframes
- Responsible for the establishment of the required performance management processes throughout the mine and the implementation of these. These will include but not be limited to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes.
EH&S compliance and management for the team and all people working in the area
- Ensure the definition of the requirements for effective EH&S management and compliance throughout the mining operation (policies, procedures, processes, guidelines, standards and direction). These must comply with company policy, legal and statutory EH&S requirements
- Establish the processes for the communication of the requirements for effective EH&S management and compliance
- Ensure that the requirements for effective EH&S management and compliance are clearly communicated and understood by direct reports and all personnel operating in the Mine (employees, contractors and other personnel). Ensure through appropriate direction and supervision that the EH&S standards are adhered to
- Ensure through own personal behaviour absolute compliance with EH&S requirements, setting an example to all employees regarding their expected standards of compliance with EH&S requirements.
- BSc, Btech or relevant Management qualification