For our client, a leading international mining organisation, we are searching for a Chief Geologist. The role will be on a 7:3 FIFO, and be based in the West Africa on a major Gold Mine operation. The position will report into the senior leadership team, and will therefore be highly influential.
- Lead and manage all activities regarding mine geology, including geological and mineral content mapping, ore reserve estimation, geological structure definition, delineation of ore bodies for mining.
- Develop grade control procedures to be used in the development of the Copper mine.
- Coordinate mine geological work closely with both mine planning and mine production to ensure that decisions regarding ore extraction are made with the best possible understanding of geological data.
- Support the mining operations through all other geological work.
- Manage Leadership expectations, through regular reporting and identification of growth opportunities and challenges.
- Studies with a degree in Geology
- Min. 10 years mine production geology experience.
- Experience of working in or around Large Scale Gold Mine Sites is essential
- Structural mapping skills preferred.
- Ability to train and mentor junior geologists.
- Fluent in Geological modelling and Grade Control software.
- Experience of working in West Africa is a clear advantage.
If you meet the requirements above and are an experienced Geology professional, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.